Chocolate Gourami care?

CrackerboxPalace

They should do fine with those species. But keep in mind chocolate gouramis are quite delicate and tend to only do well in a pH under 7. You might have trouble getting them to eat too, so have some live food on hand.

Moonee

They should do fine with those species. But keep in mind chocolate gouramis are quite delicate and tend to only do well in a pH under 7. You might have trouble getting them to eat too, so have some live food on hand.
thx will they eat flake,pellets and freeze dried food? i dont want to make live food

CrackerboxPalace

thx will they eat flake,pellets and freeze dried food? i dont want to make live food
They might but there's no guarantee. Most chocolate gouramis are wild caught and might not accept pellet/flake, so it's necessary to have live foods on hand before keeping them.

CrackerboxPalace

Ostracods are the easiest but brine shrimp and daphnia are also good. Microworms and vinegar eels are also pretty good. I would pick out at least two, plus a high quality betta/insectivore pellet and the occasional algae based food.

ruud

I had Chocolate gourami's for years; my absolute favorite fish besides Dario. Unfortunately, I could never get em to breed. I blame pH for being too low (given the relationship it can have with reproduction). This sunday I finally bought 3 specimens from a private owner (the only ones he got) who kept the chocolates in a community tank. They are currently in a new but too small tank that I filled with blackwater mayhem from a tank that I've been running all these years in order to maintain blackwater + leave-fed microfauna, and which I continue to run fishless. The gourami's move so slowly and serene in their new environment, like 3 little leaves, blending in perfectly in their brown-colored environment. No need for tankmates... just an upgrade to a long shallow tank and perhaps additional specimens if I can find them.

The gourami's I used to have, actually accepted dry foods quite easily, but I offered the food sporadically until nothing was left. Nowadays I only feed live foods to fish. I do recall they accepted frozen foods as well; they seemed to really love mysis. And they absolutely love artemia nauplii. It is not much effort at all to feed them artemia nauplii. Create water with "artemia salt", put in some artemia eggs, depending on temperature, wait a day or so, and take the naupplii out with a filter. This dish by Hobby works perfect without the need for an airstone. The artemia eggs can be stored for a very long time in your fridge.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Jerionslot
  • Question
Replies
Views
Cajun56
  • Question
Replies
Views
Flyfisha