Chlorine remover question

EricDRubin

I've always done water changes with buckets but thanks to a bad back and moving to a place requiring lugging buckets a far distance... i got the python water changer. So far its pretty handy and makes it easier.
In the past I added dechlorinator into the buckets (small amt per bucket) But now that I'm adding the water directly from the faucet I'm wondering the best method. Do I put in enough for the whole tank or just the amount I added? Do you put in the dechlorinator while adding the water or when you're done? I'm so worried about chlorine killing my fish or making them sick.

While I'm at it, when do you add bacteria? I used to add it right after a water change but I heard you can't add it for 24 hours after the dechlorinator. True?

StarGirl

I would add the dechlor before you refill. If your tank is fully cycled and established you can just dose the amount you are putting back in. If not the whole tank volume. Also I don't think you need the bacteria in a cycled tank either. I believe you are supposed to wait to add it though.

Upvote 0

Tallen78

I've always done water changes with buckets but thanks to a bad back and moving to a place requiring lugging buckets a far distance... i got the python water changer. So far its pretty handy and makes it easier.
In the past I added dechlorinator into the buckets (small amt per bucket) But now that I'm adding the water directly from the faucet I'm wondering the best method. Do I put in enough for the whole tank or just the amount I added? Do you put in the dechlorinator while adding the water or when you're done? I'm so worried about chlorine killing my fish or making them sick.

While I'm at it, when do you add bacteria? I used to add it right after a water change but I heard you can't add it for 24 hours after the dechlorinator. True?
I also use the python so after I start the fill I add enough to treat my whole tank I don’t use bottle bacteria so I can’t comment on that

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
EricDRubin
  • Question
Replies
Views
nanana
Replies
Views