Chlorine Cleanings

tunafax

Well Known Member
Reaction score
If it's just tap water and their fish somehow survive it, it will be fine.

I'd be more worried about it being contaminated with disease/bacteria from someone else's tank.

live4wetsleeves

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Neverstop1111 said:
I lent my sister my gravel cleaner. They dont use conditioner. Just straight tap water. Is my cleaner ok to use or should I get a new one
Your vacuum is fine, give it a quick rinse if it makes you feel better. I'm more concerned by the fact that your sister isn't using tap water conditioner in her tank. The chlorine content of tap water will kill bacteria and pretty much anything small that lives in the water, it's also extremely stressful to fish.

GuppyDazzle

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
If your sister's fish aren't dead, I'll bet she lets the tank water sit out overnight. That will remove the chlorine. As long as you don't have any ammonia or chloramine in the tap water, you'll be OK.

sfsamm

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Sister could be on a well or other non municipal system that doesn't get chlorine as well.

I'd also be more concerned over the transfer of parasites, diseases, algae and other ickness from it being used in a tank outside your control. That said, one of my sisters and I swap plants, fish, shrimp, equipment ALL the time without any precautions but we both know exactly where the other is at fish wise all the time and if there's any doubt about anything we use appropriate precautions.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom