Chinese Algae Eater

• Thread starter borcpa19
  • Start date

borcpa19

My dad did not consult me on getting a Chinese algae eater. I got home and it was there. I got it out before it did much damage but the place he got it from will not take returns. I don't want to just kill it. What should I do? ( It is highly aggressive toward all tankmates).

Note: I do not plan to keep it in a jam jar for long but had to improvise last second.

Attachments

Sarah73

Fishlore VIP
Give it to someone who wants one. Don't put him back in your tank.

Mazeus

Well Known
Advertise it on craigslist (or the equivalent in your area), if you offer it up for free I'm sure you'll find someone who wants it --preferably someone with an aggressive species tank.

Fashooga

Fishlore VIP
Call a LFS and see if they are willing to take it for credit. Just don't call the place your dad got it.

Or call the same place and tell them you don't want it, you don't want a refund either.

borcpa19

It died of some infection in its eye. A loud round of applause for dad.

goldface

Fishlore VIP
I’m sure he meant well. Still funny as heck though. I literally lol. Too bad about the fish.

Kevin Athans

That is one of those fish I wish they would stop selling.

Marlin

At least you know what you got lol sometimes they're mistaken for ottos and that just ends in tears

trainandfishguy

Kevin Athans said:
That is one of those fish I wish they would stop selling.
That and Red Tail Cats. Some fish simply shouldn't be part of the aquarium hobby.

Top Bottom