Chinese Algae Eater-gone

1. Jason Well Known Member Member

I had to give away my Chinese Algae Eater to my work ( a pet store) because he was becoming too aggressive. He was fighting with my Red-tail constantly and wouln't let my Bristlenose come out from behind the filter and my cory tokk a battering. I gave him in and got $10 credit along with my big discount that I get.

2. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

Excellent! ;D

3. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Good decision to move him out of the tank.Glad you got something for him.
    Hows the job going?
    Carol

4. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

hey cool i didnt know u could give fish back! my friend gave me a common pleco (uh-oh) for my 10 gallon tank and i had just given up and thought i was stuck with him! even though he is adorable...

5. Isabella Fishlore VIP Member

Though you made the right decision J-Man, I love my Chinese algae eater! He (I presume it's a male because I have no idea what it is, lol) never really bothers any of my fish. And I never see any algae forming in my tank so I suppose he does a good job. And I do see him a lot cleaning the bottom, the wood, and even the glass. I might get another one like this.

6. dano569 Member Member

sorry you had to get rid of him j-man i know how you feel i had to get rid of a shovelnose catfish for the same reason.it sucks,but all you can hope is he goes to a good home. 8)

7. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Be patient, learn all you can and show willingness to work and it will all come to you. The more you know the more valuable you are to them.
    Carol

8. Jason Well Known Member Member

yeah I know..

You guys are always there to give good advice. :D

9. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

We are your support group remember ;)
    Carol

10. Jason Well Known Member Member

LOL ;)

11. jayfl234 Member Member

I also had to give mine up recently as well chasing my two black mollies all over the tank and stressing them out. Returned them got 2 ottos instead. Chinese Algae Eater are very agressive fish.