Chinese Algae Eater Can't Find Him!

mattyluke

Reaction score
Hey All,

Hope everyone has been well.  We've had a minI chinese algae eater (about 3 inches) in our tank for about 6 (six) weeks with two yellow african cichlids (about the equivalant size of the algae eater).  Around Wed or Thursday I didn't see him at all.  On Friday, I did a 25% water change and vacuum and still haven't seem, even during the water change).  I looked in the filter and around the tank to see if jumped out but can't find him.  Would anyone kindly have any suggestions on what may have happend?  Do they bury themselves that deep in the gravel?  Would the cichlids tear or eat him up without leaving any reminents?  Please advise.

Thank you very much.

Matt

PrayforMojo

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Re: Can't Find Him!

still haven't found him. they are fast fish and he could have launched over the edge of the tank. do you have cats he could be food.
mojo

OP
M

mattyluke

Reaction score
Re: Can't Find Him!

Sorry for the late response but I just got back from my honeymoon. I still haven't found. We don't have a cat but we do have a beagle that would eat anything. The neighbors who fed the fish didn't see him either while we were away. We've been back for 3 day's now and no sign.

I guess I'll do a large water change and go through all the gravel. I would think though that if he passed, the other fish would start getting sick and I would have high traces of ammonia, nitrates, etc.?

Thank you,

Matt

New Threads