Chinease algae eater

dmk164

oops i made a mistake i didnt know they were so bad. im going to try to catch them and put them with the cichlids. i thought they were for algae all i knew i put them in my planted tank with rams and angels and i dont want to see him hurt anybody

FishGirl115

What size tank?

Upvote 0

Mandy627

Yes they can be very aggressive, they are known to suck slime coat off of fish and other tank mates when they get hungry. They are great with plants, but don't always play nice with others.

Upvote 0

dmk164

bummer they are hard to catch in my planted aquarium they were an impulse buy just because it said algea eaters

Upvote 0

Mandy627

bummer they are hard to catch in my planted aquarium they were an impulse buy just because it said algea eaters
Yes, it's good to always research species before adding them to your community. Hope they play nice for the time being, you can tire them out a bit by using two nets to chase around and try to chase them in other net.

Upvote 0

dmk164

What size tank?
75 now and planted so they are hard to catch im gonna put him in my 125 with my cichlids

Upvote 0

AggressiveAquatics

75 now and planted so they are hard to catch im gonna put him in my 125 with my cichlids
What cichlids? They get up to two feet long so id keep him in a pond with fish that can withstand it

Upvote 0

dmk164

maybe flush em

Upvote 0

FishGirl115

maybe flush em
Are you joking? First off that's extremely cruel, and second in a lot of places it's illegal. If you need to get rid of him sell him or give him to a pet store. Or start a pond

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Wouldratherwatchaquarium
  • Question
Replies
Views
bcsay720
Replies
Views