Chillers & canister filters

aurms12

For reference, this post is about axolotl's.

So I just found out you can attach a chiller to a canister filter.
Can someone dumb it down for me to attach this chiller to a Fluval 207?
I have a 40 gallon breeder and plan to get the attached chiller but I was expecting to have to buy a pump and tubing for it (I haven’t bought it yet but will be in a few weeks when I have the ~$500+ for it saved, I feel comfortable with this option due to the reviews but I also know that getting a “larger” than needed one will be better, more consistent and it’ll be less hard on the chiller itself since the minimum for the chiller is 40gallons. I’m willing to spend the extra for the larger and I’ll figure out how to “slow” it down once I see how powerful it is)...obviously if I can manage to figure out how to attach it to my filter, I’d prefer to save the $25 in tubing and the $50 pump. Plus it’ll save the space in my tank without the pump, which as this is an axolotl tank, the less floor space taken up, the better.

Also side note/question: if I attach this to my filter will it crash its cycle? The tank has been consistent around 63-65 but will occasionally dip below 63 to 61.5 or higher but never lower and it rarely reaches above 65 but I live in MA where the weather is unpredictable and I wanna feel comfortable when I’m not home to put frozen bottles in. Tank has been up since March 17 and instantly cycled from seeded media and the Fluval has been up since April 7 and I have not cleaned it yet (I like to run my canisters for 6 or so months before cleaning just so I can be extra sure that I won't clean too much of it on its first cleaning). I plan to set this chiller to 64.

also, will i need to buy tubing? i'm not sure how this sets up, so i'm not sure if i could use the tubing i have already cut that is currently in use with the 207 that came with the filter?

If you have a video or know of a video, please send it my way. I’m a visual learner but I’m very handy if I have step by step instructions. Or if there are pictures or something similar, I can work off that too.

tyia

Attachments

• FullSizeRender-4.jpeg
    FullSizeRender-4.jpeg
    68 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_5537.JPG
    IMG_5537.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 32

david1978

Filter chiller system. Components in order. Intake tube. Hose. Canister filter. Hose from out put to chiller. Chiller. Hose. Then output.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
NavyChief20
Replies
Views
Larry O'Donnell
Replies
Views
alicat876
Replies