Chilled lambs, unemployment, and fish-sitters...

Red1313

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Well the title mostly hits the high points of this very brief rant.
You know the rhyme, "April showers bring May flowers"? Well all I can say is the following line should be "May snow really blows".

I talked to my folks a few hours ago and between 4 days of rain, a blizzard today, and the low lying location of parts of our yard... things aren't looking good.

Anyway I'll probably be running home tomorrow and will be there for a couple of days until I help dad get everything sorted out. Mom reported that both tractors are buried in the mud currently, as are both the quads, and dad had just dragged 4 more newborn calves into the barn for treatments/warming up. Also with the mud and the cold we're looking at at least a few cases of mastits in the sheep

Anyway long story short I need to re-hire my fish-sitter (aka best friend) who's sworn of fish sitting for me ever again since the last time a month or so ago when 3 of my imported fish passed away due to a bacterial incident.

Luckily I was able to bribe her by agreeing to pay for the gas to fill her car up ($10/ day would probably have been cheaper lol).

I've changed things around a bit since the last time so hopefully she shouldn't have to do anything but feed the fish while I'm gone... However any other tips to make her life easier would be much appreciated...

Thanks all for letting me vent,
Red

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello Red1313

Measure the fish food ahead of time. I use a weekly pill box, they're divided day by day and you can find them at any drug store. Hide all of the remaining food so the sitter can't find it. This will prevent over feeding.

I hope the weather improves for you folks soon!

Ken

bolivianbaby

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Big hugs from GA! Hope things get better soon.

lorabell

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I hope things get better

Red1313

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
<HUGS>