Chili Rasboras temporarily rooming with neon tetras and ADF?

Honem

I have just gotten back from my trip to the fish store, and I've discovered that something very unfortunate happened to my tank while I was away. I just bought 6 Chili Rasbora to put in it, but now it's not suitable for any living creature. I also need a new heater, since my house goes below 65℉ at night, but it will take at least two days to get here. I don't have any other places to put the rasboras, so I'm wondering if it's okay for them to temporarily stay in my 10 gallon.
It's heavily planted, and it has 4 neon tetras, two African dwarf frogs, and about 5 cherry shrimp. The GH is 5, the KH is 2, the PH is 6.5, and the temp is 74℉. If they do stay, it would only be for 3 days at most. Would they be fast/big enough to escape the frogs if they try and eat them? And would the neons attack them in such a small space? It's either this or they stay in the bag, because all of the shops are closed.

StarGirl

What happened to your tank while you were gone? I guess that is all you can do right now. Just put some water in the bag as they get used to the temperature. Do you have a baby breeder box or net they could stay in? I dont know anything about frogs but the Neons shouldnt do anything to them.

edit- Looked up a few threads and it doesnt seem the frogs will harm the chilis either.

Upvote 0

Honem

What happened to your tank while you were gone? I guess that is all you can do right now. Just put some water in the bag as they get used to the temperature. Do you have a baby breeder box or net they could stay in? I dont know anything about frogs but the Neons shouldnt do anything to them.

edit- Looked up a few threads and it doesnt seem the frogs will harm the chilis either.
Thank you! Many things happened, haha. I found out the heater I bought from Amazon was not what the good reviews made it out to be, and all of my parameters somehow jumped since yesterday by ALOT (I think I tested it wrong before, probably didn't clean the tubes right). I also made a mistake when trying to fix my sponge filter with no help, so now I need to get an extra part for that. On top of that, while trying to fix it I dislodged a lot of the plants and had to reroot them and caused the water to get really cloudy. I ran out of distilled water to do a water change and now the water level is stuck at halfway, and I need to wait to get more.

The rasboras are doing great though! Everyone seems to be getting along well :)

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Lucy
Replies
Views
jbsm
Replies
Views
QuetzaliAcuario
Replies