Chili Rasboras in a 7 gallon

Jillybean215

Hi everyone I’m new to this forum and excited to be a part of it! I did find a similar thread but it didn’t really answer my question, I apologize if there is one with an answer I just couldn’t find it, like I said I’m new (and not so tech savvy)! I have a spare 7 gallon (I ordered and the first came broken so I’m going to take it to a glass shop for repair). I’m absolutely in love with the chili Rasboras! Currently I have 4 betta tanks, one has pgmy cory tank mates that he actually loves, and a neon tetra tank so I’d say I’m relatively experienced with fish keeping. I’m fully aware of the nitrogen cycle, i use a master test kit, and I do weekly maintenance (i even tend to vacuum weekly) so my tanks are always nice and clean. Anyways, I’m wondering how many Chili’s I can one day add to the 7. Like i said I always clean regularly so I’m wondering how many I can add for them to still have enough space. The tank will be heavily planted but strategically so, so that there will be plenty of swimming room. I keep reading 2 per gallon but that seems it might be a bit much. I’m thinking 10 is a good number? This will be a species only tank though I might also add a nerite and I know (I have a nerite and a mystery snail) that snails are big poopie heads . Suggestions? Thanks

PurpleReign19

Hi everyone I’m new to this forum and excited to be a part of it! I did find a similar thread but it didn’t really answer my question, I apologize if there is one with an answer I just couldn’t find it, like I said I’m new (and not so tech savvy)! I have a spare 7 gallon (I ordered and the first came broken so I’m going to take it to a glass shop for repair). I’m absolutely in love with the chili Rasboras! Currently I have 4 betta tanks, one has pgmy cory tank mates that he actually loves, and a neon tetra tank so I’d say I’m relatively experienced with fish keeping. I’m fully aware of the nitrogen cycle, i use a master test kit, and I do weekly maintenance (i even tend to vacuum weekly) so my tanks are always nice and clean. Anyways, I’m wondering how many Chili’s I can one day add to the 7. Like i said I always clean regularly so I’m wondering how many I can add for them to still have enough space. The tank will be heavily planted but strategically so, so that there will be plenty of swimming room. I keep reading 2 per gallon but that seems it might be a bit much. I’m thinking 10 is a good number? This will be a species only tank though I might also add a nerite and I know (I have a nerite and a mystery snail) that snails are big poopie heads . Suggestions? Thanks
Maybe around 8. Chilis are beautiful and small. If you keep up with maintenance (which it seems like you do ) you should be good!

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Kribensis27
Replies
Views
QuetzaliAcuario
Replies
Views
ProudPapa