Chili Rasbora Problems

FinAndSasha

Hello guys!

I started a shrimp tank a while ago, cycled and everything. I’ve been wanting to add Chili Rasboras for a while, and I decided that I would add them after I had detritus worms.

I got 8 Chili Rasboras on Sunday, June 27, and in two days two have passed away. The water is fine but I’ll check the water again today. I’m a little concerned, especially since this is my first time having this happen.

The main concern is that one of the fish dont school with the rest. They tend to stay hidden in the plants near the bottom of the tank. Is this normal? Do you think something may be wrong with him?

FishPlanet

It's not unusual for me. :)

Upvote 0

pagoda

It can take a while for fish to get used to being in a new aquarium, so I would not be concerned by their behaviour after just two days. If there is still an issue in a couple of weeks then maybe things might need to be done such as rescaping to allow the fish to feel secure and safe.

As for the two deceased, it could be absolutely anything....not necessarily your aquarium but injury from shipping, illness, genetic interbreeding/overbreeding.....countless reasons for new fish to die

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
BigManAquatics
Replies
Views
Lucy
  • Question
Replies
Views