Chickens!

bolivianbaby

Any chicken-keepers on the forum? If so, what breeds?

We have 6:
One black australorp (Tender)
One Barred Rock (Egghead)
One Maran mix (Sassy)
Two Red Star month old chicks (Mercedes and Lotus)
One Delaware month old chick (Ferrari)

I love my layers!

WolfaraRose

I wish I could have chickens!

LeoDiaz

I can't have chicken but will love to have some bantams.

MJDuti

My father used to keep them for years. If we had the property we would have a few, mainly for the eggs Maybe a couple for meat. I'm not sure if I'd keep a rooster though. I wrote down the species I wanted. If I find it I'll ask you about them.

Hamsaphina

I had some silkies a while back, in a rabbit hutch turned chicken coop.

LeoDiaz

I had some silkies a while back, in a rabbit hutch turned chicken coop.

I want some silkies

Tonia

I have 10 Speckled Sussex chicks. They will be 2 weeks old on Saturday. I did a lot of research and was torn between which breed to choose. I decided on these when I found a breeder with chicks. Luckily they were on my short list. These chickens are known for a larger cream colored egg and friendly, curious personalities. I can't wait to see what they think of our 4 acres and the nice extra large coop we have for them.

Lilibeth_Seasong

We have somewhere between 30-50 chickens. Barred Rocks, Red Production, Red Star, Araucana (they lay colored eggs!), Rhode Island Red, Buff Orpington, and a couple others. Three of those are roosters.

The Barred Rocks are probably my favorite because they're pretty and calm. All of our chickens seem to be good layers...we eat a lot of eggs and still have many dozens sitting around.

endlercollector

A woman I met who has 4 chickens that get along with her dog. They stay in an enclosed patio and go through the dog door. I didn't ask how she cleans up the patio after them...

I would like to have chickens, but our dogs want them for dinner :b

Scoutsfish

I have 2 chickens, and 1 rooster that are around 5 years now. 1 hen and the rooster are buff brahma, and the other hen is an Araucana(sp?). We also got 6 pullets(hens) this spring and they are growing fast! Their feathers are almost fully in, and theyre looking like actual minI chickens now!

I will have to look and remind myself what kinds/breeds we got this year, as each is a different kind. I do know that one of them is a buff brahma(fluffy feet!! ) and another is white and will have black around the neck. She is the sweetest chick too! If I stick my arm out, she'll jump on it, climb up my arm and sit on my shoulder/head and just chill Haha The others are beginning to do the same

The question is... Does anyone else have a toe-less rooster? -frostbite is not his friend...-

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Colt Frost
  • Chicken farmer
  • Bird
Replies
Views
Cognity7
  • Colt Frost
  • Bird
Replies