Cherry shrimp were doing great, but now they are dying

Ssnaaiil

My cherry shrimp were doing fantastic and then suddenly every morning when I get up I find 1-5 dead shrimp, they have the obvious white ring of death… they were doing fine before and now they are dying… why!!!??? Back in December I tested the gh and kh with the api liquid test the results were gh-17 drops, kh-7 drops. I just did the gh and kh test again and the results are gh-13 drops, kh-9 drops…. Do o need to do something to save my shrimps!!??? I had about 30-40 or so in my 10 gallon and now there’s maybe 15 left

awilkinson871

There are many reasons for the ring of death and from my readings no one can agree on exactly what causes it. One suggestion was adding a varied diet. I know they eat a lot of algae, but add shrimp cuisine which has protein and blanched veggies- kale, zucchini, cucumber, etc.

Upvote 0

Cherryshrimp420

How much were you feeding? Seems like your tank crashed

Upvote 0

Mandarabe

do you use any shrimp minerals in your tank? Either WonderShell or something similar to provide calcium and other minerals? The ring of death usually means a problem with moulting - either not enough of something like calcium or magnesium, or the wrong ratio?

you may want to see what this site suggests…

Dwarf shrimp and Molting problems. The White Ring of Death - Shrimp and Snail Breeder

If this doesn’t help, I can only think of this -
Have you recently added any new medication/algae killer or fertilisers? If you have I would check to make sure there is no copper in it, or anything that could affect the calcium/mineral content of the water

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Ssnaaiil
Replies
Views
airdog44
Replies
Views
ChrissFishes01