Cherry Shrimp Piling Up In Corner After Water Change

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Matt Birk, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Matt Birk

Matt BirkNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +2
    Experience:
    5 years
    Hi, I have a 7 gallon freshwater with cherry Shrimp, adults, and babies.

They were all looking great until I added additional water to the tank, since it was a bit low due to evaporation.

I added around 3/4 of a gallon of tapnwater, and added Seachem Safe to the tank. I didn't think I added much, as by reading the directions it doesn't take much at all. I have since removed some water and added water from my other aquarium.

What causes them to pile up in the corners of the aqhariua, near a filter intake?

Thanks in advance,
    Matt

Attached is a photo, even the ones in the moss don't seem to be very active right now

Attached Files:

2. Fahn

FahnFishlore VIPMember

Ratings:
    +3,546
    I would add conditioner to water before putting it in the tank. They may be reacting to the sudden influx of chlorine. 3/4 of a gallon in 7 gallons is a pretty sizable concentration, over 10% of the tank's total volume.

3. OP
    OP
    Matt Birk

Matt BirkNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +2
    Experience:
    5 years
    Should I add some liquid conditioner? Is there a risk of adding too much? I have the aquasafe plus here I can add.

They're looking a bit better since I added water from my other aquarium, but not like 100% normal.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018