Cherry Shrimp Photos Only

Shewildwolf

Reaction score
First berried shrimp!! Have had them for several weeks now, they are all doing well.. got a bit teary when I saw her all berried up on the spinach the other day. :joyful: Apologies for the poor quality photo.. my tablet's camera is not the best.
xH6qUms.jpg

LaTulip

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I love this little rainbow rock! I had just used a baster to place uber small fry food in the tank so I basted the rock with some as well and the beauties flocked to the rock! This is my favorite photo yet!
770B65CD-0A5E-4CFB-BE3F-F3C8511CBD08.jpeg

joeyxl

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
heres an album of cherry shrimp related pictures I have if anyone would like to take a look! I don't have any of these tanks anymore due to stand issues, and sadly had to get rid of 3 of the 10 gallons. now I have 2 5.5 gallons, a 10 gallon, and a 2 gallon tank. none currently have shrimp, but I might do either a nano shrimp only tank or have one decidcated shrimp tank. been looking to spread out to fish like endlers or livebearers. been even looking at dwarf crayfish.

LordGrim

Reaction score
IMG20190825155824.jpg Started with 20 of these~~
IMG20190921122818.jpg Less than a month.GROW my colony!! Muhahahhaha

BettasGalore

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Here's my RCS. I ended up with 2 babies from petco when I got the other 6. I didn't think they'd made it, but here was one feeding today when I dropped in some tasties.

BettasGalore

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
So excited! Just spotted this berried female. I've lost a couple shrimp, but the baby is grown up now. Hopefully this is a good sign that I got my water problems controlled
20200107_234144.jpg

Jack B Nimble

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
richie.p said:
That's stunning from the last time you posted,
What are your other tanks doing
Hey Richie, thanks for asking all is going well. My main excitment was my DIY automatic water change system and that has made life a lot easier and I can maintain parameters quite easily now. I found between evaporation and water changes things became a time eater so that is now solved. I do about 2-3 ltrs a day water change now on the 10gs.
I have come to the conclusion that trying to straighten out the blue line is a pretty big task. I have ended up with 4 tanks just for blues and in the end I feel they can be called blue velvets or blue dreams. I will keep running tanks with the black rose, blue dreams and blue carbon lines only. I pulled a lot of red rilli's from those blue lines while trying to straighten them out and still do at about 2% cull (not bad) come out red rillI so naturally I have a tank for those.
I have added yellow neon line which I really like. I may try some orange eye blue tigers as my entrance into cardina mainly because I only plan on using my tap water and I can maintain a 200 tds easily and bring down to 175 if need be. My tap being GH 5 KH 5 as well. I need to stay simple and use tap as I will be away a lot in summer and I won't be able to use RO and salts so the new automatic system is perfect at this point. I find here in middle Canada that the demand is not for any real shrimp specific lines and the price for any shrimp other than cherries is the same. So I supply one lfs now and I happily get free what I need from him.

New Threads