Cherry shrimp or ghost shrimp

WagglePets

So I have a 5.5 gallon waiting for shrimp right now and I want cherry shrimp but I can’t really afford them right now considering I don’t have a job (long story) so I’d only be able to get a few where if I get ghost shrimp there super cheap but not as colorful. I just need opinions this is stressful lol :(
Also, I’m a beginner to shrimp so would ghost shrimp be a better option?

PeterFishKeepin

Sorry about your job,

I just bought 9 low grade red cherry shrimp, below are some photos,

i caught wild ghost shrimp, in freshwater, braksih and saltwater but i wasnt able to keep them for more then a week. :(

they are cool fish, some of my red cherrys are low grade so some are kinda clear with little bits of red on them. what ever works for you, then you purchase, remember that shrimp need well established fish tank with enough iofilms and algae for them so make sure tank is cycled and is at least 2-3months old before adding shrimp.

Here is tank and shrimp photos
Tank photo, will be adding more plants soon
1656726020083.png

Some of the low quality red cherry shrimp i bought (its been hard for me to find a medium to high quality cherry shrimp here in Sydney Australia, places are wanting 10-15$ a shrimp!!) I got these 9 shrimp for 10$).
1656726076768.png

My most colourful red cherry (i think she? is berried)
1656726173372.png

WagglePets

Ya I might buy from someone on here or eBay
Cherry shrimp I mean

Cupcakevirgo

I had bad luck with shrimp before (they got eaten) but I hope they work out great for you. I love to visit them at the fish store lol.
Good luck!

WagglePets

I had bad luck with shrimp before (they got eaten) but I hope they work out great for you. I love to visit them at the fish store lol.
Good luck!
Thanks! and I hope if you keep shrimp again it’ll go good!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Crimson_687
Replies
Views
Kyleena696
  • Question
Replies
Views
richiep
Replies