Cherry shrimp erratical swimming

Harper

- 10 gallon planted tank, 2 months old;
- Ammonia: 0, nitirite: 0, nitrate: orange, not sure 10 or 20;
- Livestock: 1 pea puffer, 2 cherry shrimps, trumpet snails, ramshorn snails.
- Easy green every other day. Some plants are still developing holes and hornwort is shedding.

So, the main problem I need help with:
Cherry shrimps have been swimming erratically all morning. They look stressed how I can help them?

I've been doing water changes for 3 days because nitrate was over 40 and my puffer stopped caring about the frozen food he liked before. Although his belly is pretty round so maybe he's just full on snails or something? The puffer also turns black more now and spends a lot of time glass surfing. Nitrate is not in the red zone anymore. I changed 25-30% of water every day and deep cleaned gravel for the first time since I started the aquarium. I also cut and moved a couple of plants and added 2 maple leaves from my backyard (I boiled them first).

I got the shrimps a month ago, didn't have any issues until today. They eat fish flakes, frozen worms and brine shrimps (what the puffer missed), shrimp banquet and whatever they can find in the tank. I tried to offer them vegetables, they weren't interested.

I don't know if it's relevant, but they also swim with air bubbles under their tails which I didn't see them doing before.

MasterPython

Move them out of the puffer tank.

Bgreen82

Move them out of the puffer tank.
Unless you don’t want shrimp, that’s live food.

Harper

They are fine together.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
fishietank
Replies
Views
shrimpscaper
Replies
Views