Cherry Shrimp Dying?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Loki11, Aug 4, 2017.

1. L

Loki11 New Member Member

Hi, they were in an established 16 litter tank for about 4 months then they suddenly started to die off, no change in food, water changes every month and filter clean every month, shrimp food a few times a week, they were in my nursery tank with my guppy fry and some baby snails.

they seem to be fine, then they can no longer balance/stay upright, then the next day they're dead.

No new plants, my other main tank hasn't had any new plants or meds recently, they seem to be moulting fine so I'm extremely confused as to why this is happening, any ideas?

2. Fahn

Fahn Fishlore VIP Member

Do you have a special substrate in the tank that buffers pH? Check your water parameters and see if your pH and KH is maybe too low.

3. kuhlkid

kuhlkid Valued Member Member

What are your water parameters, including GH and KH? Once a month water changes are not frequent enough for most tanks--weekly changes are a more advisable regimen. Cleaning the filter once a month is fine, as long as you clean it in tank water.

4. OP
    OP
    L

Loki11 New Member Member

no special substrate, just normal gravel, and from looking at a drop test kit everything seems to be within normal ranges :/

sorry, fortnightly water changes and monthly filter cleans, and from a drop test kit everything looks to be within the normal ranges :/

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2017
  5. KimberlyG

KimberlyG Fishlore VIP Member

What is normal range on your nitrates?

6. Prism

Prism Well Known Member Member

Did you cycle your tank? What filtration do you have on your tank? What temperature is your tank? (sorry for the questions lol)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice