Cherry shrimp and Meds

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpezz333

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I am treating my community tank for a bacterial infection with Jungle brand Fungus clear. I have read that it is safe for the shrimp. After dosing per instructions my shrimp have become dramatically more active. They are swimming all over the tank.
Has anyone used this medicine with cherry shrimp? Does anyone know if this will be fatal to them?

BennyB

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Idk about that, I've never really used that particular med before. But don't ever use algae chems when you have shrimp, it will kill them...
Just a random tip.

Besides, if the instructions say it's safe, and you followed them precisely, there should be no problems. Besides, overly active doesn't sound much like a problem to me.

Rhan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Where the Greatest Team of All resides ;)
Experience
Just started
Even though the meds are supposedly shrimp-safe, I'd still move the shrimp to another tank if possible. The general advise is not to medicate a tank with shrimp in it. It's up to you what you do, but it definetly wouldn't hurt to keep a very close on eye on them.

EDIT: I just noticed this is your first post -Welcome to Fishlore!

jpezz333

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Thanks to all who have responded.
I try to avoid meds but sometimes it is a necessary evil.
It has been over 24 hours since I medicated the tank and all is well.
I am keeping a close eye on everything and prepared to move shrimp if necessary.
If the meds work and everyone survives then it will be valuable information for everyone else.

Bungy

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Some meds are ok and some are deadly to shrimp - the main killer is Copper - if your meds contain any Copper then do not use if shrimp are present. Snail killer contains Copper so be careful.

Bungy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom