Cherry barbs

FishMommer

We picked up our 6 Cherry barbs last night. It was nice to see the store getting business. Minus the masks, it looked like a regular business day. :)

Loving our Cherry barbs! :) They are new to me? Needed a pop of red color for one of our tanks. Curious to see how they look over time.

Mhamilton0911

I only have 2 cherry Barb's, and I can't find any more, but I love mine!

In fact, when I moved them to thier new tank, they displayed breeding behavior, scattered eggs, and after 2 days I even saw fry. I collected 8 and have them in a net breeder box :) it's been over a week and they are finally getting easier to spot.

FishMommer

That is so cool. Ours are young now. I hope your babies make it. That would be a neat thing to experience. :)

Basil

I love my cherry barbs! I have 6 in my one 40 b. Even the females give a nice pop of color.

Leeman75

I have always liked Cherry Barbs, but have never kept them. They are really hard to find around me for some reason and then they're always really expensive (like $5 or $6 each) for a fish that I used to be able to find at any LFS for about $1-$2.

Mhamilton0911

FishMommer said:
That is so cool. Ours are young now. I hope your babies make it. That would be a neat thing to experience. :)
It was really unexpected, but I was so happy! I bought my Barb's before lockdown, and I lost some right away from ich (they came from Petco, of course). And I can't find any more, I was considering buying a pack from aquahuna, but then these 2 got lucky, so now I'm waiting to see how many will make it before I purchase any more.
I guess breeding these are harder, since they are the egg scatter type, but I think i saw fry because this tank still has no bottom feeders, so no fish to accidently eat the eggs.

FishMommer

Need. We will wait and see here. We Do have bottom dwellers. Maybe if our plants ever get going... :(

Mhamilton0911

I'm not 100% sure on why I actually got to see fry, I guess it's really hard to do in a community set up, not only because most include bottom feeders (I'm assuming this is why I saw fry) but eggs and fry make snacks for bigger fish. But it's so exciting. I'm actually prepping a breeding tank, i'd like to try again in a bigger scale.

Top Bottom