75 Gallon Tank Cherry Barb Temperature

Gameynerd23
Hello, I've seen Cherry Barbs preferring a temperature in the low to mid 70s, but I was curious if they could live in around 68 degree water. I'm setting up a community tank with a group of yellow, red, blue, and white/silver fish. If you know of any other red fish that would work, please let me know.

Thank you for the help!

Kaity
I don't have an answer unfortunately but am curious what other fish you have at that temperature as it is close to where I am running a tank. As of right now all I have are long finned danios and ramshorn snails and they have been fine down to 60 degrees.

Kribensis27
Barbs in general are super tough. I’m certain they could handle it for a while. Long term, I’m not sure how they would do, but I know they can handle it for at least some time.

Gameynerd23
Kaity said:
I don't have an answer unfortunately but am curious what other fish you have at that temperature as it is close to where I am running a tank. As of right now all I have are long finned danios and ramshorn snails and they have been fine down to 60 degrees.
Right now I've got a school of gold longfin zebra danios and two gold dojo loaches in there, but I'm planning to add some Leopard danios (blue), some pearl danios (white/silver), and two more dojo loaches (the brown variety).
Kribensis27 said:
Barbs in general are super tough. I’m certain they could handle it for a while. Long term, I’m not sure how they would do, but I know they can handle it for at least some time.
I'll probably swap the cherry barbs out for something else. The tank stays in the mid to high 60s all the time and I don't want to possibly shorten their lives. Would Chilli Rasboras be ok? I'm kind of afraid the Dojo Loaches will try to eat Chillis, but I don't know if they will for sure.

Kribensis27
Gameynerd23 said:
Right now I've got a school of gold longfin zebra danios and two gold dojo loaches in there, but I'm planning to add some Leopard danios (blue), some pearl danios (white/silver), and two more dojo loaches (the brown variety).

I'll probably swap the cherry barbs out for something else. The tank stays in the mid to high 60s all the time and I don't want to possibly shorten their lives. Would Chilli Rasboras be ok? I'm kind of afraid the Dojo Loaches will try to eat Chillis, but I don't know if they will for sure.
Chilis need much warmer water than that, and I’m fairly certain the dojos would try to eat them.

Gameynerd23
Kribensis27 said:
Chilis need much warmer water than that, and I’m fairly certain the dojos would try to eat them.
Alright, I'll try to find something else, thank you!

Redshark1
Check your fish out on Seriously Fish website for a decent guide to temperature ranges.

Gameynerd23
Redshark1 said:
Check your fish out on Seriously Fish website for a decent guide to temperature ranges.
Cool, I've never seen this website, but I'll use it now, thank you!

Latest threads

Top Bottom