Cherry Barb hidding from me always

Discussion in 'Cherry Barbs' started by bigshane, Apr 13, 2010.

1. bigshaneNew MemberMember

hi i have 5 cherry barbs 2m3f they spend all day hiding behind a colosseum i have in my tank i never see them much. only if i sneek into the room do i see them swimming at all. even when i feed them they stay back there. is there any way to get them to be less scared. they dont eat much either only one or two will actually eat.
    oh some quick info they are they only fish in there(a 30gal rectangle). they are new to the tank only a few days. and yes thanks to this site i completed the cycle. and condishion my water change with prime. i got my cycle done in 2 weeks using a mix of fish food a small shrimp tied to a string and some bio balls for my friends well established tank(nasty looking).
    all the readings on the tests are good ph is a tad high. like 7.4
    ammonia 0 nitrites faint color on stick <.5 nitrates 10
    when i change some water i change 5 gallons that sits with prime for an hour or two before it goes in.

i relly like these fish and wanna see them more.

2. JayseeFishlore LegendMember

It took my cherry barbs a few weeks to really get comfortable. since you only have a few in such a big tank (for them), sounds like they are hanging at their home base while they adjust. theyll begin exploring soon enough.

3. bigshaneNew MemberMember

oh one quick question also about the eating. ive tried brine shrimp and flake. do they eat anything else?

4. JayseeFishlore LegendMember

They eat anything I feed them :)

5. MeenuFishlore VIPMember

frozen bloodworms (or freeze-dried, but you have to presoak those)

6. bigshaneNew MemberMember

wow they came to life today the 2 males are chaseing each other around and the girls are moving around a lot!

7. JayseeFishlore LegendMember

That's great!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice