Cherry Barb Help

Odin

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hi I have one cherry barb (sadly the rest of his shoal died a while back) and I was woundering if it would be safe to put him in my 44 gallon with my oranda and black Moore or my 5 gallon betta tank. As he is being constantly harassed by my male sword tail thx.

Kiks

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I think getting him some friends would be better. By getting the group up to at least six, I'm guessing the bullying will stop and you could keep them where they are now with the swordtail.

Snailerator

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hi I have one cherry barb (sadly the rest of his shoal died a while back) and I was woundering if it would be safe to put him in my 44 gallon with my oranda and black Moore or my 5 gallon betta tank. As he is being constantly harassed by my male sword tail thx.
Either buy more or take him to yr LFS.

Sergeant Pepper

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Neither of the alternative tank options is a good idea. The goldfish could possibly harass or eat him. The Betta very well could harass or kill him.

Ultimately hes better with a school. Its sad his friends died but he'll never thrive on his own. If he's being harassed in the tak he's currently in, neither of the alternative options will really remedy that situation. Hes probably best in the swordtail tank if he has a school.

Odin

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hi I don’t have enough room for anymore however I have noticed the sword tail does chase my white cloudes aswell so I shall keep things how they are thx

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom