Check out this runner!!!

1. CichlidSWAGA Well Known Member Member

I've never seen any banana have a runner this big! It is almost 20 inches and still has not bloomed ! i was excited so i thought i would share

Attached Files:

2. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

Wow that is a large one!
    Now im :) at all the members turning their head side ways to look at it like I did :;nw

3. Walky Well Known Member Member

from the research i've done on banana plants, that appears to be a lilly pad that your banana plant is sending up. You can either cut it off early or let it bloom. If you cut it off after it unfolds, you should be able to let it float until it grows roots and then plant it for a new banana plant! I wish my banana plants would do something interesting like that!

4. CichlidSWAGA Well Known Member Member

Thanks walky, i was wondering how you could make a new banana plant wasn't sure. Have any idea how long it takes to grow the new banana roots?

5. Echostatic Well Known Member Member

Mine took a few weeks to grow roots. Leave a few inches of stem on the pad. Mine has sent up three pads so far, each one was cut when it unfolded, and the third is about ready to plant.

6. CichlidSWAGA Well Known Member Member

How long do you let them float around for?

7. Echostatic Well Known Member Member

Until they have a bit of root growth. You can plant them when the roots are small, or a few inches long according to my experience.

8. CichlidSWAGA Well Known Member Member

right on thank you!