Check out this guy I saw at PetCo :)

1. kinezumi89

kinezumi89 Fishlore VIP Member

So I know that PetCo is known for having terrible bettas (I've seen quite a few stores representative of that), but I've found one with an awesome selection of bettas in crystal clear water.

I just had to share this betta I saw. I'm familiar with King bettas, but I didn't know they came in different varieties. This is a Halfmoon King betta (as you can see by the sticker), and I just love his pink-ish color. (He looks a little pinker, the picture doesn't do him justice.) I've noticed that King bettas usually don't have much finnage, but these had a bit more. If only I had a spare tank, I would have bought him up in a snap. I don't think they belong in the same size cup as normal bettas, but at least the cups were all clean.

I think I need more tanks... ;)

(Or maybe I should finish cycling the ones I have first ;D)

Attached Files:

2. soltarianknight

soltarianknight Fishlore VIP Member

Youd think with larger bettas theyd get larger cups :\. Oh well, hes a handsome boy for sure.

3. OP
    OP
    kinezumi89

I thought the same thing...he barely fits. Maybe betta cups only come in one size...? I have some tupperware they can borrow :)

4. jerilovesfrogs

jerilovesfrogs Fishlore VIP Member

i want a king betta! maybe i should go to my petco hmmm. haha. i def have some extra tanks laying around.

5. Akari_32

Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

He's a cutie! I've got a gorgeous blue marble King from PetCo.

Given the price, not just any person will walk in and impulse buy a King Betta, so theres a little bit of hope, there...

Here's my handsome Ryuu <3

[​IMG]

6. OP
    OP
    kinezumi89

I wish I had that problem... :) Honestly though, I don't have much space for extra tanks. But this PetCo had a wall of bettas, it was pretty cool; almost all the types I've heard of and some I hadn't.

Edit: Akari - I've never seen such a boldly-colored one! I always check them out when I go, and they're usually pretty washed-out looking (the other was a pinky-orange). I love his blue and white fins, I've always liked fins like that. (To be honest, I always eyeball the blue-and-white-finned bettas whenever I go to a petstore... :) )

7. soltarianknight

Nice akari, i only have a petsmart. So while Co is working on getting bigger and better fish, smart is working on younger and younger fish.

8. I keep fish

I keep fish Well Known Member Member

Haha they know how to take care of them but they dont know how to put the sticker on lol

9. jdhef

jdhef Moderator Moderator Member

You really need to stop doing that! I weakened one day a few weeks ago and looked at the Bettas...I now have five of them! Someone Help Me!

10. OP
    OP
    kinezumi89

I would say I shouldn't, but I have two tanks that aren't really cycled, so I REALLY can't set up another one yet...also I have an empty 55 gallon, so that is exciting enough for me to restrain myself. ;) Though I saw a red and blue halfmoon at PetSmart that almost made me give in...another thing is my boyfriend is the level-headed one between the two of us, so he's pretty good at making me refrain from going overboard. (I would have totally bought that halfmoon had he not dissuaded me from it XD)

11. jerilovesfrogs

jerilovesfrogs Fishlore VIP Member

a king betta almost makes me want one again. i've not had one for quite a while.....i do have a girl in a community, but that doesn't count. haha. now i'm really thinking of cleaning the 5g out. hmmm. ok, now see what you've done?!

12. OP
    OP
    kinezumi89

:D

I didn't know there were female king bettas....queen bettas? But I guess they had to come from somewhere...(unless you didn't mean you have a female king betta.)

Would 5 gallons be enough for a king betta?

13. nippybetta

nippybetta Well Known Member Member

I should think so, but he'd like more. My petco always has great bettas on the weekends. I was really tempted last Saturday by a black one, and then a deep red one with hints of purple and black on the edges of his fins. (sigh) I don't have enough money for another tank right now :(

14. soltarianknight

See with kings, bigger tanks are in order imo. A 5gal for them is the minimum, id probably do no less then a 10 myself.

Id like to add, Kings are just half giants.

15. Akari_32

You can see why I couldn't leave him :p He's actually a royal blue, but all that duckweed blocks out the light lol

PetCo's down here always have King Bettas. Its because of how close to Segrest Farms we are, I think. But yeah, pretty much! PetSmart's down here have been getting in really nice bettas, though! They get nice "females" (ALWAYS plakat males. Always), too....

Theres nothing wrong with that.... :nin2

Doo iiiiiiit. Dooooooooooo iiiiiiiiiiiiiit! :;voices

Thats because most chain stores get their fish shipments on fridays ;)

16. OP
    OP
    kinezumi89

Oooh I saw a really nice black betta, usually I don't see a lot of those around here. (Should have taken a picture.)

Woah black betta, bam beh now...someone had to say it. (I hope someone gets it so you all don't just think I'm crazy.)

17. jdhef

jdhef Moderator Moderator Member

Sadly my Blue and Red Halfmoon is almost all Blue at the moment. If you haven't seen him before and after click the link:
    https://www.fishlore.com/fishforum/betta-fish/118574-poor-guy.html

No all get them on Fridays. My local PetSmart get their fish on Mondays and my local Petco gets their fish on Tuesdays.

18. Akari_32

I said *most* ;D

19. Donnerjay

Donnerjay Well Known Member Member

wow. look how clean that water is!

20. Codyandme1

Codyandme1 Valued Member Member

I don't like it when they cram in fish to such a small tank, or cup.
    He is georgous though! Looks quite healthy compared to some I've seen.