Check Out My Bottom Feeders!

Sarah73

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Roxane0470 said:
A black kuhli loach. I currently have 3 of them.
What tank are they all in? Kuhli's should be in the 20 and so should the cories. You also need to buy more kuhli's. They love to be in groups of at least 6.

Roxane0470

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I only have the pygmy cories in the 10, albinos, pandas and kuhli loaches are in my 20. Plan on moving the pandas and albinos to a 30 gallon soon because I feel they should be in sand.

Roxane0470

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started

2211Nighthawk

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Roxane0470 said:
Looks like I'll be moving my kuhli loaches too and eventually will just add a bunch more amano shrimp for my 20 to help with my gravel. Also want to add more albino and panda Cories
I would personally recommend pool filter sand. It’s a little on the light side but cheap. 2 50lbs bags cost me 40$ but they are even cheaper in the States. Black diamond blast sand 20/40 grit if you want dark/black sand but o don’t have experience with it.

Roxane0470

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
2211Nighthawk said:
I would personally recommend pool filter sand. It’s a little on the light side but cheap. 2 50lbs bags cost me 40$ but they are even cheaper in the States. Black diamond blast sand 20/40 grit if you want dark/black sand but o don’t have experience with it.
It's going to be planted so my lfs told me I shouldn't do crystal type sand. I'll probably get some in my lfs that they recommend. Usually 11- 30 depending on size. My pandas especially like to rest under my dwarf Lily so definitely going to put in a few of those, and possibly some ludwiga. Definetly want black sand after doing the white in my 10 gallon since it gets dirty easy.

Roxane0470

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
2211Nighthawk said:
The pool filter sand I have is very smooth. But as I said, I don’t know what they have down there.
Where did you get it? I'm planning on doing a 30 and 50 gallon this summer so I definitely will be needing a bit of substrate. The other fish I plan on putting with my cories and kuhli loaches are threadfin rainbows and my honey gourami.

2211Nighthawk

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Roxane0470 said:
Where did you get it? I'm planning on doing a 30 and 50 gallon this summer so I definitely will be needing a bit of substrate. The other fish I plan on putting with my cories and kuhli loaches are threadfin rainbows and my honey gourami.
I found it at a pool supply store. I don’t know about the *really* cheap stuff, you’ll have to ask another American.

Ms rose said:
was that an orange your feeing? if so can i feed that to my mystery snails (kinda bottom feeders)?
I would avoid citrus fruits but most veggies can be given to them. My loaches/plecos/goldfish love zucchini

Roxane0470

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
2211Nighthawk said:
I found it at a pool supply store. I don’t know about the *really* cheap stuff, you’ll have to ask another American.

I would avoid citrus fruits but most veggies can be given to them. My loaches/plecos/goldfish love zucchini
It's sweet potato. Yes you can feed it to all bottom feeders. My lfs feed their bottom feeders it too which is where I got the idea from.

Roxane0470

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Ms rose said:
was that an orange your feeing? if so can i feed that to my mystery snails (kinda bottom feeders)?
Its sweet potatoe and yes all of my bottom guys love it including my nerite.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom