Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishstery

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Just thought I would post some pictures of my 12 gallon long since I finally cleared up some algae and finished the scape. It houses my juvinelle blue gularis killifish (hes still about 5 inches!!) And two female German blue rams. Theres not much on the internet about compatible tank mates for a killifish of this size because they are pretty aggressive and will eat pretty much anything they can fit into their mouths, but I finally hit the sweet spot with these rams. My killifish actually likes his ram friends after having an expensive dinner of large cardinals that I had to rehome after he demolished part of my school. I think a blue gularis COULD work with an apistogramma but i decided not to try them because of their long finnage. I think dwarf cichlids are the only things these guys can peacefully house with, unless you have a big enough tank for a less aggressive cichlid like a discus.

I also run an oversized canister and a 9 watt AA Aquariums UV sterilizer which keeps the water crystal clear and helps curb algae regrowth. I just added new lily pipes as well, and am waiting for my custom lid from the LFS to be done.
I hope everyone likes my tank!

20190223_162657.jpg
20190223_162332.jpg
20190226_004944.jpg
20190303_120712.jpg
20190303_120829.jpg
20190303_120846.jpg
20190303_120800.jpg

OP
Fishstery

Fishstery

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
That's a very nice set-up, I love the rock pile, what is it, dragon stone? That's a beautiful killie by the way.
Yes! Dragon stone with tahitian moon sand as a base and flourite red as an accent. I've only had my killifish for a few weeks, but pictures dont quite do his coloring and grace justice. He is definitely the king of the tank, a great killifish to keep if you dont mind getting bit any time you have your hands in the tank!!

Addie42

Well Known Member
Reaction score
this is really really cool!!!
where did you get a tank like this from? would be great future upgrade for my betta man

OP
Fishstery

Fishstery

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Nice killifish! I'd love to get a clown killifish but like my water lever real high
My clown killies never jump unless they get spooked haha I have some in my 3.4 nano but all my killie tanks have lids! This bad boy and my gardneri jump out of the water any time I have my hands over the tank lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom