Cheapie QT tanks!

1. Dolphini Member Member

I recently moved my betta from a 3g to my 5g, which is nicer and was going to be my QT tank...so I need a cheapie to replace it now. :rolleyes: (Spoiled Bleu...)

Anyways, I know Kritter Keepers are great for this. kensfish.com has the larger sizes for cheap too, the large is 5.36g, and the XL is 8.39g. Good if you can't find them in local stores.

Dr.Fosters and Smith also has the Clear Vue (which is stylish IMHO and would also make a good betta house), with medium being 3.39g and the large is 5.6g. They also have the Pla-House is a few sizes, although I'd only recommend the L (5.22g) or the XL (8.16g), but they're more expensive, and not as nice looking IMHO.

Just some suggestions in case you want a new betta house or a QT that's more transluscent than a rubbermaid bin.
    ---------------
    I will probably go for the Clear Vue Large since it looks nice and is cheeaaap! ($8!)

Also, can you guys recommend a good cheap filter and/or heater for a QT?
    And, is Cycle or Tetra Safe Start good for helping to cycle it quickly if there is no seeded media available?

2. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Kritter keepers come in so handy. I have several.
    I use an inexpensive tetra heater and a Hagen Mini Elite
    It's rated for a 3g, but for Q'ing I think it would be fine in a 5g.

There's been some talk lately of using Cycle for a short term Q.
    TSS, imo, would be too expensive for a Q tank.

3. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Thanks for the great information:) QT tanks are very important and we always need them when we least expect to.

4. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello Melloki. Thanks for the great thread and information. It will come in very handy.
    Happy Holidays!:;rudolph
    Ken