Cheaper LED fixtures for plants?

FLGirl

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Been researching and wondering what fixtures you are using on your 10 gallons. I want to get one of my 10 gallons setup again but need to upgrade equipment. I have the finnex planted+ on my 55 but not sure I want to spend that much on the 10 right now.

thepianoguy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
USA current satellite LED PLUS or FInnex planted. And cheapest you can get are CFL bulbs they are good and great!

FLGirl

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
thepianoguy said:
USA current satellite LED PLUS or FInnex planted. And cheapest you can get are CFL bulbs they are good and great!
Yes, Iv always had CFLs on my 10 gallons but the basic hoods I put them in are so poorly constructed and I can't actually hang a fixture. I think it would be difficult for me to find a way to rig up CFLs since I don't want to use one of those hoods again but I'll think about it.

The Finnex is of course good but the cheapest I know of would be the weaker stingray at about $40.00 + glass, Iv been considering it most but all these upgrades start adding up quick. I need to get a new filter etc. Maybe I'll get lucky and catch a sale.

thepianoguy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
ha that will be great! good luck!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom