Cheap Stick-on Strip Light?

wodesorel

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
In this day and age I figure somebody has made something like this! Looking for a basic LED lightbar that I can stick to my existing hood for now, until we move and I can get the tank upgraded. Could use a bit more light than what the florescent is putting out, but the tank is definitely low light and low tech!

AJ34

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I took a chance on this one....
It is made in China, but lets be real it is all made in China and I have no problem with this. It is a solid LED light with different colors, I do not use the color fading as it is a little "strobe" like and crazy. It would be good for a dance party lol...

Mick Frost

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Most of my tanks are lit with surplus store 5050 LED strings, they're IP65 3-diode sealed bars that come 10 to a pack (wired together). 12v 8.4w for the pack. In a pinch, I wire them to a surplus store 12v 1a power supply (permanent ones run through my 30a converter). Light is about 6k, and has no issues keeping Eleocharis and Cryptocoryne thriving at 28" deep.

wodesorel

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
AJ34 said:
I took a chance on this one....
It is made in China, but lets be real it is all made in China and I have no problem with this. It is a solid LED light with different colors, I do not use the color fading as it is a little "strobe" like and crazy. It would be good for a dance party lol...
It came today and it is perfect! It even sticks to my hood with the supplied suction cups. A little bluer than I would have liked, I thought I bought one that had adjustable colors but I guess not. With the T8 that is on the tank though it comes up a nice shade!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom