cheap digital camera

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I saw on another post here walgreens sells a 10$ digital camera.  Does anybody know if you can put the pics on here?

cheers

atm

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I couldn't really tell much about it. I use a Sony Mavica that uses a floppy disk. I got the camera, battery and charger at a pawn shop for $40.
Carol

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Well I might try it, it says you can hook it up to the computer but I don't know, maybe for 10$ I'll give it a try, especially since I just got a 10$ tip on my paper route. Pics probably wouldn't be that great but at least I'd have some then.

atm

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
You just never know until you try. Congrats on the tip
Carol

hjkaga

Reaction score
it doesnt look like it has a flash, so like u said the pics wouldnt be that great....but at least they would be something. i had a cheap digital that had no flash and it worked ok in the right lighting... just play with different ways of lighting what you r taking pics of and see what comes out the best for you.

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Good point though I'v seen great pics without a flash, I'll just mess around like you said
atm

hjkaga

Reaction score
i have a $150 digital camera and if i dont use the flash it takes crappy pics...so i guess it all really depends on the camera.

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Ya well my dad takes forever to buy expensive things because he researches them really well then buys a high end one so it lasts a long time and works well. Though he's not sure he's going to buy a digital camera yet because he doesn't think he needs one so I'm going to try it out. Will find out possibly tuesday how it goes.

atm

Golden Fish

Valued Member
Reaction score
Yes you will be able to put your pics on here. You shouldn't need a flash.Try shooting during the day when it is bright let as much sun light into the room as possible. If you get alot of glare from the windows have somebody hold a (dark) sheet behind you.
If you have access to some "shop" lights like the old metal framed coned shaped ones. They use bright Halegen bulbs that you can set up. they usually have a large clip on the back so you can set them up. Also you will have to be patient when shooting the fish.

Kodak sells a pretty good camera with the docking station and all the goodies for like 120 bucks. It is a great starter camera. You could probobly get for under a hun with out the docking station. Sony makes some good ones as well however you pay a little extra becuase it says "sony" on the side. But they are good.
Also like Butterfly said you can find a good deal at pawn shops or on eBay.
If you have any other questions let me know.

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Ok, I think I'll be getting it tomorrow. Probably won't be good quality but will provide something for me to work with and then I'll be able to show the progress of my tanks.

atm

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
You can also take good pics without a flash by turning out all the room lights and just leavig the light on in the tank your photographing. Now to get the fish to pose for you
Carol

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
haha, gota get the camera before I can get them to pose.

atm

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom