Cheap Decor?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Ozzy, Apr 22, 2017.

1. OzzyValued MemberMember

I moved my betta, but I didn't want to take the log from my 20 gal as my frogs and oto's need it to hide!

I'm trying to find some affordable decor that won't rip up his fins. At the moment I've only 20 bucks to my name. I'm hoping for something natural looking.

2. rena7874Valued MemberMember

Smooth river stones or stacked slate are both very cheap/free!

3. KerinaValued MemberMember

Look at your local aquarium group. Sometimes people give away plant trimmings for free.

4. the guyValued MemberMember

how about some plants? Guppy grass is a great floaty plant or maybe some anubias? they usually run me about 5 bucks at most

5. OzzyValued MemberMember

Ooo I really like how the guppy grass looks. I think he looks like a little shark so it'd be pretty cute to watch him weave in and out of it ! Also I have so many riverstones, it's riverstone valley up in here! I was thinking of something more like a center piece. I'm considering some curly-q bamboo !

6. Tiny_TanganyikansWell Known MemberMember

For 20 $ you get a lot. Goto a local rock quarry/garden/landscaping center and there's tons of stuff. Driftwood stone, lava rock, slate, etc. Driftstone is a favorite of mine and locally it costs 4-10 cents a pound. Theres plenty of plants at those places also, pothos, climbing ficus, various bromeliads.. there's tons of terrestrial plants that you can grow emmersed and will spread roots. Lots of those garden centers sell water hyacinth/water lettuce/duckweed/frogbit pretty cheaply.

7. rena7874Valued MemberMember

I interpreted it as OP only having $20 total, not a $20 budget for tank decorating which is a lot! Garden centers are a good idea though

8. OzzyValued MemberMember

That's actually really good to know. I have a lowes literally across the street from me I'll have to check it out! I ended up rearranging some of the decor I have to separate tanks and got a bamboo I still have a little money to spend !

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice