Cheap Chiller.

Basicfgts

Valued Member
Reaction score
IMG_0158.jpg

Cheapest chiller ive found and i was wondering if anyone has ever purchased this brand, or seen any kind of reviews. I cant find anything on it other than the product on ebay.

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I haven't tried that chiller (or any, really - to expensive for me), but I have heard that you shouldn't skimp and get cheap chillers - you get what you pay for.

An option that might save you some money is to buy a good quality used chiller from someone else.

Basicfgts

Valued Member
Reaction score
Fanatic said:
You might want to check into fans, here's a link.
I have 2 fans and a cooling system going in my room atm and my tank is at 70. I need my water 68 and below so im not sure the fan method is working for me in Georgia.

Basicfgts

Valued Member
Reaction score
TexasDomer said:
I haven't tried that chiller (or any, really - to expensive for me), but I have heard that you shouldn't skimp and get cheap chillers - you get what you pay for.

An option that might save you some money is to buy a good quality used chiller from someone else.
I thought about that. Ive been looking at used ones on ebay.

TexasGuppy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
You can build your own and would probably work well..

mount them onto something like this... Add heat-sinks on the 'warm' side to dissipate the heat.

Would need to run some calculations on how quickly it would reduce temp, but it definitely would.

Basicfgts

Valued Member
Reaction score
TexasGuppy said:
You can build your own and would probably work well..

mount them onto something like this... Add heat-sinks on the 'warm' side to dissipate the heat.

Would need to run some calculations on how quickly it would reduce temp, but it definitely would.
Well i ended up purchasing one for 275$. Comes with everything i need for installation also. Which beats paying 400$ plus.

Basicfgts

Valued Member
Reaction score
Aqua Hands said:
yet Im chipping out ice of my tank!
Yeah ive heard that and the water bottle method can stress axolotls out. So I looked and looked all day and found a decently priced chilling system.

Aqua Hands

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Basicfgts said:
Yeah ive heard that and the water bottle method can stress axolotls out. So I looked and looked all day and found a decently priced chilling system.
Hmmm. I would try fans...

Aqua Hands

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Basicfgts said:
I currently have 3 going in my room and my take struggles to stay at 71
I have no idea! Im stumped. try to insulate the tank and keep it cool. I'm sure you could get it that way.

Basicfgts

Valued Member
Reaction score
So i just recently bought my first chiller and if you have around 275$ to spare you could own a pretty nice chiller.
I purchased a chill solutions chiller. Its good for chilling tanks 30g and below. In my opinion it’s pretty cheap compared to the other chillers ive seen, and its small too. If anyone’s interested in a chiller for a tank 30g and below, this could be your best bet.

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Great recommendation! I am sure this will help people that need them
How's it working so far?

Basicfgts

Valued Member
Reaction score
Fanatic said:
Great recommendation! I am sure this will help people that need them
How's it working so far?
So far it’s pretty nice. I absolutely would recommend for people with tanks 30G and below. I absolutely think it was work 275$. Also you have to think about where you live as far as temp drops. I live in hot ass Georgia where days have been 85/90 for the past few weeks, and my tank mostly stays on 69 for my axolotls.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom