Chat Room

Stradius011

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Do you think we could get a chat room? Some forums have a chatroom and I thought it'd be neat if we have one too.

Gwenz

Well Known
Reaction score
I think that's a good idea cause if someone needs help quickly they could get an answer immedietly instead of waiting for someone to answer a post - which can somtimes take a while (even though everyone tries to help as soon as possible, its a bit hard when its nighttime or something in US and its daytime here in UK )

So yes could be a good idea.

Gwenz

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Mike has said not to this before so unless he's changed his mind it's a no, you can go back a little and see a post on it in this board. What he said to do is you can add anybody who has msn into your account and when enough people sign on you can make a chat. My msn is (not my email) so add me anytime you want to talk, you can look at peoples profiles and add them then tell them who you are and ask them on msn.

Mike

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yep, what ATM said... Although I think it would be a great thing to have, I just don't feel comfortable hosting a chat room since this is a public forum (anyone can view it) and it would require that a moderator be on it or watching it at all times in order to keep it clean and I just don't have that kind of time.

Mike

OP
Stradius011

Stradius011

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Mike said:
Yep, what ATM said... Although I think it would be a great thing to have, I just don't feel comfortable hosting a chat room since this is a public forum (anyone can view it) and it would require that a moderator be on it or watching it at all times in order to keep it clean and I just don't have that kind of time.       

Mike
But we don't always need to talk about fish all the time. It could just be a place where members can chat and know each other better and if a newbie has a quick question, he could come to the chat room and hopefully get some quick answers from the experts.

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I also understand what Mike is saying. In some regard it wouldn't work all that great either since there aren't a lot of people on sometimes and other times there are. Like Mike said it would have to be monitored a lot and there aren't enough moderators and Mikes to do that 24/7, that would be hard even if there were a lot of them, just hard. Then they would be wasting their time sitting in the chat sometimes in case somebody bad comes on instead of helping out here or doing what they enjoy.

Instead Mike could we make a sticky in general discussion maybe where we can post our msn/aI'm names so we can add each other since it would be easier to find and then if there is enough we can start a chat room?

Mike

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
You can set your AIM, YIM and MSN messenger accounts via your profile and they will show up on every post you make, under you avatar photo.

nmwierman1977

Well Known
Reaction score
Flbettacouple and I have been chatting on YIM since yesteday. We added each other. Mine is natalie_wierman2006 if you want to join in. Natalie

New Threads