Charcoal Help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by terrynachos, Jul 6, 2014.

1. terrynachos

terrynachosValued MemberMember

Ok i am so new its not even funny so sorry if this is in the wrong place. How long does the sheets of charcoal that i cut to fit the filter slot thingys last in a 75gallon tank with 8 smaller cichlids? Do i change it every month? I am on initial start up and 2 weeks and a first 10% water change everything looks and is going great i do not want to disturb anything by changing out the carbon too soon ??? Any help please?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

2. smee82Fishlore VIPMember

carbon usually last for around a month i think but ive never heard of sheets of carbon that you need to cut up.

3. OP
    OP
    terrynachos

Yeah petland had em and i grabbed them because i had no idea what filter i had so i made custom ones. Next month i will add the loose rocks type in the bag. Now i kinda figured it out

4. endlercollector

endlercollectorFishlore VIPMember

Could you post a picture of these carbon sheets? I am curious about what they look like.

5. OP
    OP
    terrynachos

Sure when i get home today i will!

6. OP
    OP
    terrynachos

Sorry got sl carried away with my fish i forgot to post the csrbon sheet pic i will get at this tonight or tomorrow am!! Seems to be working tho.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice