Changing Tanks

KiwiFish22

Hello!
I currently have a 20 gal tank with a HOB filter. I'm downsizing to a 10 gal tank and want to double check about the best way to transfer the tank. I have 3 endlers and 1 guppy for fish. I'm planning on using most of the current silk plants I have and my main big decoration as well as the same filter. Possibly some of the gravel as well if that'll make a difference. Will I be good to just transfer some of my current tank water with the plants, decorations, and filter and have the new tank be safe for the fish right away? Or do I need to cycle the new tank completely with my old tanks stuff in it even though I'm not adding much new to the tank?
I hope that makes sense haha. Just trying to make the smoothest transition possible for the fishies!
Thank you!

StarGirl

Just move as much stuff over as possible. I would do 1/2 of the water so its just like a big water change and not too different for the fish. The gravel is probably the least important if you want different substrate but it will help. Then just watch your parameters for a week or so to make sure you dont get any spikes.

Upvote 0

KiwiFish22

Just move as much stuff over as possible. I would do 1/2 of the water so its just like a big water change and not too different for the fish. The gravel is probably the least important if you want different substrate but it will help. Then just watch your parameters for a week or so to make sure you dont get any spikes.
Okay sounds good! Thank you for the response!

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
mattgirl
  • Question
20 Gallon Tank Tank Crash: restocking?
Replies
Views
Possiblyacrow
  • Question