Status
Not open for further replies.

damprye

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
How long between spawns?

My femele, other than being agressive, seems to be a good breeder as she had ALOT of eggs and I would love to attempt to pair her with someone other than my CT male (egg eater :mad, what are the chances of this happening? Also if it is possible, how long should I leave her before the next attempt? Her damage isn't very bad although I am a lil worried about her being too agressive if she doesn't like another boy. Mostly she just hid before allowing him to spawn with her.
If I do just use my old couple instead (Mummy and Daddy) would I have to change the water in the spawn tank first? Would it be too soon for them? Their last spawning was 8 weeks ago.
Could I use a DT (Mummy) with another male or should I just go get another female and condition her?
I have a HM that I could use although I have not been using him because as he was a rescue betta his fins were all ripped up, they are healing well but he is also a bit on the skinny side. There is no way I would put him in with the agressive girl (that's how he got ripped up in the first place, my friend put them together before I rescued them) but I know that Mummy is gentle, although once again the timing and compatibility comes into play :-\
I can wait but I am definately retiring the egg eater. What do you all think?

Well after much consideration I have decided to let my boy and girl recover and try again in another month or so... if that is enough time. How long should you leave them between spawns?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 24 22.4%
  • No

Votes: 9 8.4%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 74 69.2%

Top Bottom