Changing Filter

seth rodgers

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I bought a new filter for my 10 gallon and i was just wondering how I would go about changing it if i have the same water and everything just new filter... This might be a stupid question but if there is anything i need to do that would prevent fish death i would be very happy with information.
Thanks

Iridium_2256

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I like to use filter floss instead of cartridges. Every 2 weeks I remove the filter floss and rinse it in tank water in a separate bucket as to not kill any BB and keep the flow high. I would advise against cartridges as you don't constantly need carbon running in your tank.

seth rodgers

Valued Member
Reaction score
Iridium_2256 said:
I like to use filter floss instead of cartridges. Every 2 weeks I remove the filter floss and rinse it in tank water in a separate bucket as to not kill any BB and keep the flow high. I would advise against cartridges as you don't constantly need carbon running in your tank.
Thanks, does filter floss work in every filter?

Iridium_2256

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
You'll just need to cut it to size usually. You can get large bags of it as well.

seth rodgers

Valued Member
Reaction score
Iridium_2256 said:
You'll just need to cut it to size usually. You can get large bags of it as well.
Thanks man

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom