Changing Colors Question

1. babiimoore

babiimoore Well Known Member Member

im crazy and i bought another betta today, tried to keep my wallet in the car and just browse but.. yeah. hes a tiny bit beat up but he’ll heal. what im curious about is that when i brought him home he had a brown body and white fins with a bit of orange shimmer. hes only been in his quarantine tank for a couple hours and hes turning blue?! his fins now have a bunch of blue showing up. is this normal? IMG_0550.jpg IMG_0559.jpg

2. RainBetta

RainBetta Well Known Member Member

I wouldn't worry as long as he doesn't show any other signs of possible sudden illness. If anything new (and bad!) happens in the next 2-3 days then I'd post again. I can see why you bought him! Beautiful!

3. Adriifu

Adriifu Well Known Member Member

He may just be coloring up after all that stress. If he continues to change colors, he may have some marbling in his genes. Do you need any help on how to set up a tank for him or are you good on that? Your profile says that you don't know of the nitrogen cycle, so hopefully you just forgot to update it.

4. OP
    OP
    babiimoore

im all good (; ill probably end up getting him his own 5 gallon because the only slot i have left is in my 55 gallon and i keep that a little colder then hed prefer. i understand the new tank will have to cycle, probably pick up some tetra safe start because ive had good luck with that. his fins have more blue on them every time i go over to take a look, must be coloring up i guess.

5. Adriifu

All right. Good luck!

6. OP
    OP
    babiimoore

he turned out to be a pale mix of a bunch of colors, hes very pretty. IMG_0644.jpg

7. OP
    OP
    babiimoore

IMG_0645.jpg

8. Adriifu