changin fish and eggs to bigger tank 1 Gallon Tank 

lovelove

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hi PLease help me i have a 1 gallon tank with two chichild in them male and female, i just noticed that they have laid eggs inside a big shell thats in the tank, well water orangy and i need to move fish and eggs to another tank, how can i do this without hurting the eggs or should i just wait till they hatch, I also have about 13, 1 and a half month old fry, I don't know what happen, but my two fish are breeding like crazy! help me PLEASE

taffy

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
hi lovelove, if i was you i would,nt move your eggs from the tank might kill them off, give your tank some water changes of 25% every other day, until your water comes right. what chichlids you got only you,ll have to bare in mind what paramiters they need hope this helps best of luck, you,ll proberbly get a lot more advise to come bye

bolivianbaby

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Your aquarium info says you have convict cichlids. If this is correct, they will not stop breeding on their own. You can expect fry every four to six weeks from them.

However, convicts are very tough fish, so if you were to take out the ornament that the convict eggs are on and move it from the 1 gallon to the 20 gallon, they will probably survive the move.

If you're trying to sell convict babies, I'd recommend placing an ad in your local paper or you can try selling them on Aquabid.

I hope this helps!

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The convicts are in a 20 gallon according to the aquarium info
LoveLove 1 gallon is a much too small tank for 2 cichlids. You could upgrade to a larger tank and move all the water, substrate and filter media to the larger tank for an instant cycle.
What kind of shellies do you have?
When you have 50 posts you can list your fry in the Buy/Sell/trade forum. This is the only place selling is allowed.
Carol

taffy

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
hi, just reading through threds how did your eggs get on with the move hope everything went well (taffy)

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom