change of plans

1. NanoAddict Member Member

im not getting danios now because i have to watch my bluegill fry we have at school
    ill use them to complete the cycle process then probly gett a painted glass fish or a hatchet fish :)

2. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

please, please dont get any painted glassfish! theyare unnaturally dyed. naturally they are very pretty, clear fish, just glassfish. if you have a minute, please read this article! http://fishlore.com/Forum/index.php?topic=611.0 fish dyeing is a very cruel process and most dyedfish die during the process or soon after.

if you buy the dyed fish, it will only encourage the dyers more and they will dye more poor fish. :'(

3. NanoAddict Member Member

ok i didnt no how cruel it was :eek:

4. NanoAddict Member Member

i just thought it world be cool not cruel :p

5. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

i was shocked when i read it too. my lfs has them and i thought they looked cool until i read isabellas post and then i was pretty mad at them! (the store not the fish ;D )

6. NanoAddict Member Member

thank you very much ill get regular glass fish now my soon to be hatchet fish will be happy 2 ;D

7. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

ok good luck! ;D
    and I hope you can find some un-painted glassfish!

8. NanoAddict Member Member

cool yeah at school we have blue gill that im taking care of over christmas ill use them to cycle the tank

9. dahly Member Member

A friend of mind has a pond in his back yard partially stocked with Blue Gills. The pond is frozen now, but in the summer the kids fish and release all that they catch. These Blue Gills are 5-6", how big is the one at school?

10. NanoAddict Member Member

well there is 4 each about an 1 1/2 inches long we are selling them at the end of the year