Change of Plans 10 Gallon Tank

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Katy82, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Katy82Well Known MemberMember

Hello All.
    Yet again I am looking for more advice. Originally we had planned to keep the 10 gallon tank we have with all male guppies and our African Dwarf Frog.

The original 2 guppies did not stop fighting and nipping for the almost 2 weeks we've had them. So we divided them. 1 is in my sons divided 10 gallon upstairs. I feel bad that he is by himself but he seems very happy.

The other is with the ADF. We cycled using the Safe Start. It seems like the cycle has finished. Readings are Ammonia 0, Nitrite 0, Nitrate 5-10.

Would I am wondering is what we can get instead of original all male guppy tank we had in mind. We definitely don't want fry or I would have just gotten a few females to calm the boys down.

I've been looking around the LFS for ideas and I can't seem to come up with anything. The most common things I see suggested on the forum are for endlers, ember tetras and celestial pearl danios. I can't seem to find those anywhere around here. Any other suggestions???

As always I appreciate any and all advice!!

2. soarlValued MemberMember

Glofish are fun and bright but maybe a little to active for a 10. How about some little neon's? they always look cool to me.

3. JayseeFishlore LegendMember

I would get shrimp for bottom dwellers, and some small tetras. If you can't find any in the store, then perhaps online? I heard you have to pick the fish up from the airport in canada, though.

If you can't order fish, then you'll just have to work with what you have available to you. The best solution would be to get a larger tank, as then you would have many more viable options.

4. Lilibeth_SeasongWell Known MemberMember

5. soarlValued MemberMember

You can brows liveaquaria.com or check out aqadvisor.com for some rough (by rough I mean run any final selections by the experts here first!) ideas.

6. Katy82Well Known MemberMember

I would love to upgrade. The husband not so much. I'm working on him. :) I've gotten him to agree to think about upgrading after we see how the 10 goes for a few months. I've got my eye on a 35 his coworker has in storage right now. I've already snuck another 10 in for the betta upstairs (now divided with the male guppy on the other side) think I can sneak in a 35?:p

I looked into online but just to expensive with the shipping. Not to mention it is absolutely freezing and snowy here.

Would neons be ok in the 10? Maybe 6?

Was looking at shrimp but the only ones I can find are ghost. Not sure if those would work with the frog and neons. Would love it if they would!

Just one male guppy and an ADF in there right now!!!

Last edited: Jan 6, 2013

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice