Chain Sword Propagation?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquarium Builds' started by Hunter1, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Hunter1Well Known MemberMember

so I have 2 tanks with potting mix under sand. One has no issues except huge amounts of diatoms the first 5-6 weeks until I got a couple of nerites and a mystery snail.

The other is truly dirty. Peat everywhere. Tonight i increased the BDBS cap by adding a couple of lbs.

In the process, I had several chain swords that had runners with 3, 4, 5 new plants with roots. I separated these and stocked 2 other tanks. I cut the runner leaving 3-4 tiny plants with roots and buried the roots. Will they take?

2. DutchAquariumWell Known MemberMember

just make sure the crown isn't buried and they should take. Usually, for all running plants, leave the plants on the mother until they are a 1/3 her size. they are easier to plant this way.

3. Hunter1Well Known MemberMember

This is what I did last night, separated them all. And put 2 big ones in other tanks.

I also added about 3/4 more BDBS.

I know I buried some too deep but will pull them up a little in a week or so. Just needed them to stay put for now.

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice