Cephalopods? Theres Millions Of Them!

Franky_Bones
Ok so I left for work and there were just a handful of these little white things in my tank. I think the are cephapods. I got back from work and the tank is stuffed full of these little guys. What should I do? I was planning on getting fish to put in the tank tomorrow but now I am wondering if these will hurt the fish.

Shawnie
I don't have a clue but that pic looks like a snow globe with all them things..I hope someone steps up to help you

Franky_Bones
I don't have a clue but that pic looks like a snow globe with all them things...

Yeah I know! If I kill this tank my roommate is gonna kill ME

Shawnie
I sent a couple Pm's for ya asking for help..hopefully they can give you information...

mastercave
I would assume a water change would be a good idea. that pic gave me goosebumps!!

Franky_Bones
I did a water change first thing when I saw them but it didn't seem to effect them.

Lucy
I would assume a water change would be a good idea. that pic gave me goosebumps!!

Yeah, that's pretty creepy.

Good luck, Franky, I hope you get the problem resolved.

Franky_Bones
Well the LFS that he bought it from finally opened and I gave them a call. Turns out in the three stage pump was a little low on water and all it needed was some top off water in the last stage of the pump. It fixed the problem. I kinda feel dumb now.

Lucy
I'm glad they were able to help you. You shouldn't feel dumb, how wwere you to know?

angelfish220
So what were the things?

Franky_Bones
Unfiltered biomass, basically I was spewing my biological filter all over my tank.

Rbacchiega
Good thing you figured it out right away, step one when something durastic happens that quickly in the tank is to check your system starting with the basics, water level, sump, skimmer etc.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
AZL
Replies
Views
Jesterrace
Replies
Views
Nart
Replies
Views