Centrepiece fish ideas for 70 litre

CertifiedFishNoob

Hi! I'm looking for centrepiece fish ideas for my 70L which is currently home to 6 harlequin rasboras and 1 borneo sucker. I also currently have 6 false julii corydoras in quarantine which are also going in this tank. I don't really want a dwarf gourami since my previous experience with one wasn't really the best (I'm pretty sure he died of DGD) and my LFS doesn't sell honey gouramis which is probably what I would've gone with for a centrepiece. Was gonna get a peacock gudgeon or two but they're a little pricey at the moment and aren't very common in my area. Possibly thinking of a bolivian ram but I'm not sure if my tank has enough space for one.

ChrissFishes01

What's the temperature in the tank?

I might recommend a pair/single Apisto. Most of them do pretty well in 70-80 degree water, so they'll fit into most tanks. Lots of variety, too - Apisto Double Reds are my favorite. You've still got plenty of room for a centerpiece/pair of centerpieces.

Tigerburp

Y
Hi! I'm looking for centrepiece fish ideas for my 70L which is currently home to 6 harlequin rasboras and 1 borneo sucker. I also currently have 6 false julii corydoras in quarantine which are also going in this tank. I don't really want a dwarf gourami since my previous experience with one wasn't really the best (I'm pretty sure he died of DGD) and my LFS doesn't sell honey gouramis which is probably what I would've gone with for a centrepiece. Was gonna get a peacock gudgeon or two but they're a little pricey at the moment and aren't very common in my area. Possibly thinking of a bolivian ram but I'm not sure if my tank has enough space for one.
Your tank is slightly smaller than 20 gallons so. Wouldn’t add anymore fish, you are overstocked once you add the corys

MacZ

In a 70 liter with trilineatus cories I would only do a single dwarf cichlid, likely an Apistogramma. And likely not a tankbred strain, because those are stressed out too easy.

CertifiedFishNoob

Ok I'll make sure to look into apistos, they definitely look really good! I'm not sure if my LFS had any the last time I went but they did have Bolivian rams which I did mention in my first post on this thread as an idea. Could I get one of those as an alternative to an apisto or would it not be suitable for my tank?

MacZ

Bolivians do better in a small group and you haven't got the room left for a whole group of fish that size.

CertifiedFishNoob

Would I be able to keep just one or do they have to be in groups? I've heard that they can be kept as singles.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
MacZ
Replies
Views
fishrlene
  • Question
Replies
Views
Bruinfishkeeper1
Replies