Central american non Cichlid

Jeebbs

Anyone have a link to or could list off some central american community fish that are 1"-2" (non cichlid or bottom feeders) having a difficult time finding anything online that isn't a cichlid. For a 75 gallon for those interested.

CichlidJynx

Anyone have a link to or could list off some central american community fish that are 1"-2" (non cichlid or bottom feeders) having a difficult time finding anything online that isn't a cichlid. For a 75 gallon for those interested.
Corydoras all day!

Jeebbs

Corydoras all day!
Yes Cory's are already on the list, looking for other non bottom feeders.

CichlidJynx

Yes Cory's are already on the list, looking for other non bottom feeders.
I’m so sorry, I read looking for bottom feeders. Tetras are a good one. Rummy nose tend to have a tighter school

Jeebbs

I’m so sorry, I read looking for bottom feeders. Tetras are a good one. Rummy nose tend to have a tighter school
No worries. Tetras are definitely on the list. Not sure which. Also looking for something a little more oddball. 2" is just kind of a size wish. I honestly just prefer smaller fish

CichlidJynx

No worries. Tetras are definitely on the list. Not sure which. Also looking for something a little more oddball. 2" is just kind of a size wish. I honestly just prefer smaller fish
EspeI pencilfish are pretty cool but hard to come by, if you can spare an extra inch a pack of leaf fish are awesome!

I’ve never purchased from here but I’ve heard through forums it’s good.
South American Leaf Fish

I personally use
Wet Spot

chromedome52

If you are looking for Central American fish, there are very few commercially available Tetras from that region. The Tetras that do come from there get to about 3 inches or a little bigger. Corydoras do not exist in Central America. There are a few oddballs, like Gobies, but those are also hard to come by.

Most of the non-Cichlids from Central America that you can actually find are livebearers, and a few Rivulus killifish. Again, not often seen commercially, but easily obtained via specialty organizations like the American Livebearer Association or the American Killifish Association. You might find some of the Goodeid livebearers interesting, and there are some very attractive Brachyrhaphis species available, such as B. roseni. These would go well in a 75.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
stevieb246
Replies
Views
heatherbeehappy
Replies
Views
Islandvic
Replies
Views