Central air

ponitboss

I'm going to be setting up PVC pipe to my pump to push air to all of my tanks my questions are:

1: if I start low with the PVC to the pump can I put an elbow to take it higher like to the roof. As in the the room have 4 corners, the pump is one the aquarium stand in one corner which is lower than the roof, this is the starting point of the PVC, now when it gets to the opposite corner I want to put an PVC elbow upwards to take it tower the roof an continue at that height for the rest of the corners then an elbow back down towards the pump and join the pipes as one. Hope it's understandable I'm not good at explaining things.

2. Would the above mentioned put more pressure on the pump because of the up push?

Coradee

Giving this a bump up for you hope you get some feedback on your set up today.

Dennis57

Not really sure I understand what you are trying to do, but 1 thing is every time you use an elbow ( 90 degree fitting ) you lose presuure and the pump works harder. Try using 2 - 45 angel fittings instead.

LeoDiaz

What kinda of Air pump would you be using? Because from the sound of what your trying to it will take a commercial grade pump to handle all that pressure you want to put against it.

ProudPapa

I don't claim to be an authority on the subject, but when pumping air I'm pretty sure gravity doesn't matter, but volume does. So you can run the pipe any direction you want, but the more pipe you have the bigger pump you'll need.

coralbandit

I'm with JettsPapa .
I ran flexible line[pex] for mine also using 'T's and 90s but I do not believe their is the same "head pressure" with air as water .
I also believe larger diameter pipe allows air to flow easier to a certain degree[capacity of pump] .
Again I have no real knowledge but my set up works.
ponitboss I think you will be all good especially since it sounds like you are creating a loop ..
I have hard 'T's and 90s on my pex and found no issue. My pumps is on ground and my lines run around the ceiling..No problem getting the air up .
The pump is really the big question .What pump you running?

Dennis57

I don't claim to be an authority on the subject, but when pumping air I'm pretty sure gravity doesn't matter, but volume does. So you can run the pipe any direction you want, but the more pipe you have the bigger pump you'll need.
OOPS, I guess I should have read this better, I thought he was running water. ( been home with the Flu and can hardly keep my head up )

ponitboss

Not really sure I understand what you are trying to do, but 1 thing is every time you use an elbow ( 90 degree fitting ) you lose presuure and the pump works harder. Try using 2 - 45 angel fittings instead.

What kinda of Air pump would you be using? Because from the sound of what your trying to it will take a commercial grade pump to handle all that pressure you want to put against it.

I'm with JettsPapa .
I ran flexible line[pex] for mine also using 'T's and 90s but I do not believe their is the same "head pressure" with air as water .
I also believe larger diameter pipe allows air to flow easier to a certain degree[capacity of pump] .
Again I have no real knowledge but my set up works.
ponitboss I think you will be all good especially since it sounds like you are creating a loop ..
I have hard 'T's and 90s on my pex and found no issue. My pumps is on ground and my lines run around the ceiling..No problem getting the air up .
The pump is really the big question .What pump you running?

Thank for the advice I got it set up and running, pump I'm using is a atman hp 8000 high power pump

Attachments

• 15778878470038744135802011867125.jpg
    15778878470038744135802011867125.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 94
  • 15778878773731788484543037290441.jpg
    15778878773731788484543037290441.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 95

coralbandit

How is it running ?

fishytank

I have to say I'm no expert of course, it would work, you just may need to add a bigger air pump as all you need to do is keep the PVC system pressurized.

MrCarpy

Normally for a system like this we install the pump above the tanks like high up near the ceiling, right next to the pipe where it connected, this way you also don't use check valve.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
  • LadfromLondon
  • Sump
Replies
Views
jtjgg
Replies
Views
psalm18.2
Replies
Views