Centerpiece Fish? 55 Gallon Tank

1. Adriifu

Adriifu Well Known Member Member

Hello. I recently made a thread on whether I should get a goldfish and give away my current fish. I was considering it because I was bored with the fish I have in this tank. Perhaps I have room one or two centerpiece fish? What do you guys think? Thanks! Here are some picture of the tank. I have eleven danios, nine corydoras, one albino rainbow shark, one albino bristlenose pleco, and a bunch of mystery snails.

Attached Files:

2. Floundering_Around

Floundering_Around Well Known Member Member

You could bump up the number of danios you have so they school more effectively or get another fish that will school, like a type of tetra. If you want a showy fish, you could go with a gourami

3. Fashooga

Fashooga Fishlore VIP Member

That shark makes it a little difficult.

4. penguin02

penguin02 Well Known Member Member

Just a side note....does your tank hang off the edge of the table? Because that kinda scares me :eek:

5. OP
    OP
    Adriifu

Yeah, just a bit. It scared me the first time I placed it there, but I made sure it wouldn't cause any trouble.
    Yeah, I'm aware of that. She's technically already a centerpiece, but usually hides in the rocks until nighttime. She gets pretty aggressive during feeding, but not to the point where it's dangerous for my other fish.
    Thanks for the response :)

6. penguin02

What do you mean you made sure it won't cause trouble? Over time that can damage your tank... Or maybe I'm wrong, but I've always heard that your tank shouldn't hang over, not even a little bit. And yours hangs over quite a lot.

7. OP
    OP
    Adriifu

I just checked to see if the water level was uneven and made sure the sides could hold the weight. It's been running since Halloween. I never really thought it was too dangerous, though. I'll look into it. Thanks.

8. penguin02

No problem. Not trying to be a jerk or anything, I'm just genuinely concerned :)

9. OP
    OP
    Adriifu

No, I don't see it that way at all! I'm grateful that you brought it to my attention, actually. I might make a thread on it. It seems a bit controversial.

10. Fashooga

The shark is really the centerpiece. Tough to get a centerpiece with a species that can be aggressive to others.

You might want to see about adding more danios.

11. OP
    OP
    Adriifu

I had harlequins with the danios, but they didn't school very well because they were being constantly chased. Are there any fish that can handle that while schooling, or should I just stick with more danios.

12. Fashooga

You could add more danios, but 11 is quite plenty already. If they are less than 3" give it some time and they'll eventually fill out the tank.

13. OP
    OP
    Adriifu

Tank Sides Hanging Off The Stand

I made a thread on fixing the pressure if you’re interested.
    How many danios would you personally stop at? If this is enough, however, I’ll just let them get bigger.

14. Fashooga

Personally? I probably leave it at 11 right now.

15. OP
    OP
    Adriifu

Thank you. I’ll just do that, then.