Centerpiece fish

1. ravenxcore Well Known Member Member

I have a 40 gal breeder tank w/ a mainland 350 & tetra whisper ex45 filtration set up on opposite sides of the tank, two airstone's & a heater set to 79 but it usually stays around 74-75 F.

I currently have 2 cherry barbs, 2 emerald corys, 2 azzizi corys, 3 albino corys and two platys (sunburst wag & golden)

I'm planning on adding 1 -2 more cherry barbs, 1 more of each cory, and a few more platys. I can't seem to come up with a centerpiece non schooling fish that would be compatible with my current set up. I thought about two angel fish, but I might also get a school of neon tetra's and I hear they might become food for Angel's.

Any ideas?

2. celizabethh3 Member Member

How about some sort of gourami? I think one would be compatible with your current stock but you might have to be careful with the cherry barbs and nipping.

Sent from my iPad using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

3. Adam55 Well Known Member Member

Hello and welcome to FL.

Yes, the neons will become angel food for sure. I'd avoid that. I'm a big fan of where your stock is going right now because I enjoy peaceful tanks with larger shoals. Maybe you could get a large shoal of neons and make that your centerpiece?

4. DoubleDutch Fishlore VIP Member

Laetacara Dorsigera? Up the Corys !!!

5. Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

Welcome to FishLore!

Bolivian or German Blue Rams, Dwarf Gourami, Bristlenose pleco (male), or a banded gourami.

P.S. Do not get the fish in my profile pic (blue paradise gourami) they are aggressive and probably will not fit with your other fish.

6. ravenxcore Well Known Member Member

I did end up going with gourami as my centerpiece fish. I have an opaline and dwarf and they all get along, even with the cherry barbs.
    6 cherry barbs
    5 long tail zebra danios
    corys - 2 panda, 2 peppered, 3 agassiz, 3 albino, 3 emerald green and 6 platys.